Software Engineer (English)
What is Poppy?
We’re Poppy, Belgium’s leading shared mobility company, and we’re looking to add new talent to our team.
As we continue to grow, we’re looking for talented, passionate people with great ideas and outstanding execution skills to join the family in our Brussels or Antwerp office. We aim to create an environment that is as supportive, diverse and fun as our brand.
By joining our Product Engineering Team you'll get to touch very different technologies like IOT, geospatial data, big data, Mobile Apps and external APIs.
Poppy's company culture favours ownership and motivation above all.
We don't have PMs, POs or product designers. Everybody codes BUT each one of us has multiple hats. We only have 1 mandatory weekly meeting and no daily standups.
Everyone in the team is close from the customers and from other stakeholders there's no gatekeepers. Since we take developers for adults and not code monkeys anyone can decide that the priority is to work on something totally unplanned.
- Google Cloud Platform
- SQL, NoSQL and time-series databases
- Node.js backend with Typescript
- React front end components
- React Native apps
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our services
- Help scale the Poppy services and build out new features
- Work together with your colleagues across several departments
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good development practices with the community
- Invent and suggest improvements to the Poppy services
- 5+ years in designing, developing, delivering, and scaling modern web applications
- Knowledge of at least one programming language like JS, Typescript, Python, Java, C#, Golang, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Comfortable working in a Node.js environment
- Basic Linux command line
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working with container-based applications
- Experience with unit testing and e2e testing frameworks
- Experience with geospatial data and algorithms
- Knowledgeable and mindful of internet security best-practices
- Experience with API driven development
- An open source profile (such as Github) with some interesting projects
What's it like working at Poppy?
- You’ll help us shape the future of mobility.
- Rewarding work, knowing you’re working on something that will have a great impact on people’s lives in the near future.
- Get it done. Zero bureaucracy. Make a direct impact.
- Work together with passionate people who put team before ego.
- Sane mix of remote and on-site presence
Feel overwhelmed by the requirements?
Don't be, we prefer motivation above experience. As long as you have the correct can-do mindset you can't go wrong.