Full-Stack Software Engineer (English)
Voor de Nederlandse job omschrijving, zie: https://jobs.poppy.be/o/fullstack-software-engineer-nederlands
What is Poppy?
We’re Poppy, Belgium’s leading shared mobility company, and we’re looking to add new talent to our team.
Today, Poppy provides thousands of members with a viable alternative to traditional car ownership saving them money, time and headaches. Poppy members are making the decision to live car free and enjoy the convenience, savings and environmental benefits of having “wheels when you want them.” Poppy gives you the freedom to move from A to B, at anytime and anywhere. Your Poppy, your freedom!
As we continue to grow, we’re looking for talented, passionate people with great ideas and outstanding execution skills to join the family in our Brussels or Antwerp office. We aim to create an environment that is as supportive, diverse and fun as our brand. If you’re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute to an unparalleled experience for our community of forward-thinking members, we encourage you to apply.
We established Poppy operations in Antwerp a bit more than one year ago with great success. In Brussels we are launching a new service in time for the summer.
To learn more about Poppy, what we do, and how we do it, visit poppy.be. For further employment opportunities, visit jobs.poppy.be.
We are looking for a talented and motivated software engineer to join our team here at Poppy who can hit the ground running and help us build the next generation of mobility solutions. 🚗⚡
- Google Cloud Platform
- SQL, NoSQL and time-series databases
- Microservices running on Kubernetes using Helm Charts
- Node.js back end services
- React front end components
- React Native apps
- Take ownership of several internal and external microservices
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our services
- Help scale the Poppy services and build out new features
- Design and build front end applications for customers and Poppy employees
- Work together with your colleagues across several departments
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good development practices with the community
- Invent and suggest improvements to the Poppy services
- 3+ years in designing, developing, delivering, and scaling modern web applications
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Good knowledge of front end frameworks
- Comfortable working in a Node.js environment
- Basic Linux command line
- Knowledge of Golang
- Knowledge of React Native or native iOS/Android app development
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm Charts
- Experience working with container-based applications
- Experience with unit testing and e2e testing frameworks
- Experience with geospatial data and algorithms
- Knowledgeable and mindful of internet security best-practices
- Experience with API driven development
- An open source profile (such as Github) with some interesting projects is highly desirable
What's it like working at Poppy?
- You’ll help shaping the future of mobility.
- Rewarding work, knowing you’re working on something that will have a great impact on people’s lives in the near future.
- Get it done. Zero bureaucracy. Make a direct impact.
- Work together with passionate people who put team before ego.
- Based in beautiful Antwerp!
Feel overwhelmed by the requirements?
Don't be, we prefer motivation above experience. As long as you have the correct can-do mindset you can't go wrong.